There are a lot of tools and techniques that web publishers can use to maximize ad revenue such as A/B testing, header bidding, lazy loading ads. A commonly used technique is ad refresh. This strategy refreshes ads which can increase the number of ads shown to the user, which in turn should produce higher revenue-per-session for the publisher. Ad refresh is especially beneficial for sites with engaged users, such as those that spend longer times on pages.
Aug 18 2016
- Refreshing an ad placement 1 time reduces CPM by almost 10% (CPM = cost per thousand impressions)
- Refreshing an ad placement 5 times reduces CPM by 25%
- Using refresh increases revenue-per-page for long page view times
- Using refresh could decrease site performance
- Using refresh could increase data usage